2 years + 3 months training
Physics/Chemistry/Biology (or) Mathematics (or) Botany/Zoology
D.Pharmacy is a two year regular full-time diploma Program designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies and other pharmaceutical related fields.
The course of academic training is of 2 years duration with minimum of 180 working days per year followed by a practical training not less than 500 hours covered in around 3 months in Government Hospital / Dispensary / pharmacy recognized by PCI-New Delhi.
Eligibility for Admission
A Pass in HSc or equivalent with the following group of subjects
Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics
Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
Age: 17 years and above
Health Education &Community Pharmacy
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Pharmaceutics – I
Pharmaceutical Chemistry – I
Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology
Pharmacology and Toxicology
Drug Store And Business Management
Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy
- Apart from choosing higher education Programs like B.Pharm, qualified students may start practicing as pharmacists in India.
- As pharmacist in Government hospitals/Private hospitals/Community health centers.
- Other than working for hospitals or private drug stores, such professionals may even start their own private drug stores, with access to decent financial resources and entrepreneurship skills.
- Occupation in pharmaceutical companies at various divisions like process control, manufacturing, quality control, and marketing. While in the marketing sector, they may work for firms involved in pharmaceutical products marketing. They may also work as:
- Medical representatives, medical transcriptionists, technical supervisors.
- Production executives, scientific officers in private firms.